Saturday, June 20, 2009

10 Things I learned while putting a roof on the playground

1. When your husband says he thinks your crazy and he won't help, he means it.

2. No matter how well you plan you will still not have enough screws.

3. Screws are very hard to put in when your short and have no leverage.

4. Screaming does not get screws in.

5. My husband will help if I scream loud enough.

6. A 4 year old does not understand the meaning of wet paint and 10 year old's are not too good at understanding what it means either.

7. Blue deck stain does not come off as easily as latex paint.

8. Sewing canvas is not as easy at it seems.

9. Sewing a tarp to be the same size is even worse.

10. When your done everyone will say they helped, even if it was only getting a screw or handing you the drill. But in the end it was all worth it.

It's going to rain this afternoon so I guess we'll see how waterproof it is.

3 comments:

Sue Johnson said...

Becka, that looks AWESOME! Sometimes (a lot of times, actually) you AMAZE me! Way to go, girl! (By the way -- I helped.)

Kristina said...

It looks great! I'm way impressed. Oh, and if you get bored in Colorado this summer, do you want to come to Indiana and put in a back patio for Josh and me? :) I know you'd do a way better job than me, although it probably wouldn't be fun for you. You're always welcome to come and visit anyway, even if you don't want to put in a patio. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. It looks so great. Come and do some projects for me. :)