Home school-
Everyone is doing great. We finally got our math and grammar programs and I am really excited to be doing something consistent then just haphazardly throwing together work for them. We are doing Singapore Math and Cozy Grammar. They are both great for our kids but only time will tell if they are a perfect fit.
They are loving their time at Riffenburgh Elementary for "specials". They are making great friends and learning a lot about Jazz, Spanish and different types of art. I am loving having a few hours to myself a couple times a week.
(This is Lily finish Harry Potter 7. It was so awesome to watch her get soexcited about something I love so much.)
Dave's computer stuff-
Dave is still working on his computer's up at school. He finally got all the computers put together and is finishing putting the hardware on. We spent one memorable night up at his office taking all the boxes down to the recycling bin. I love to hear all about what is going on with the computers but I don't understand any of it. Mostly I love the look of excitement on his face.
So, he has putting together the computer network together, writing a paper for Poland this summer, and doing his homework which takes most of the week as it is. I barely see him right now. We finally got a desk for our bedroom so he can study alone in there without leaving the house. It's now quite the same as seeing him but it's close.
Other then that we haven't done much. We've played in the snow and built legos. We've read books and put together puzzles. We are having a lot of fun. I'm still working on my quilt blocks but I'm just about done. I'll post some pictures once I get a chance.



(This is all the kids playing in the snow we had last week. It was really wet snow. I was telling Dave it
didn't really snow but slushed for 2 days.)
(We had some mice in the garage and this is some of the kids great ideas to catch the mice. I was trying to let them problem solve and see if they could figure out how to catch them. The first trap is supposedly like the one's on survivor man. Well, the mice ate the peanut butter but didn't get trapped in the box. The second was peanut butter on a huge hook. It also didn't work. The only one I wouldn't let them do was when they dug a hole in the back yard and put in nails and broken glass to kill the mouse. I thought it might be a little too dangerous.)


3 comments:
It looks like you got quite a bit of snow! And it looks like you had fun playing it in. I'm proud of Lily for finishing Harry Potter! That's quite an accomplishment! And it sounds like everyone is doing great in school. Even learning about Jazz (I'm assuming that's Jazz music and not Jazz the basketball team.) It was great to find out what's going on at your house. Keep up the great work! I miss you all!!
PS Wow, Dave! I'm impressed with what you've accomplished over the past couple of months. I don't know what they pay you, but I'm sure it's not enough! They could never replace you. You're all that.... and a bag of chips!
...the news paper got wet, so what I couldn't read I just made up ... so it's got...raisins in it... You like Raisins!
Post a Comment